Hey, how’s it going? My name is Kira. I was in that group of kids who decided to make a blog because of a new chapter, college. And get this, I still keep up with it! It’s great. I really love Jesus and my life is completely changed because of Him. I want to show you my thoughts, feelings and experiences as a Christian. More specifically, a Christian living in Seattle. Please don’t stop reading here, my non-Christian friends. Give me a chance. Let me introduce you to my life as a lover of Christ.
Let’s be honest, I know that Christianity has gotten a bad reputation over the last couple of decades and the church hasn’t been the most loving. I acknowledge and apologize for your personal pain caused by the church. I’m sorry. I wish it was different. I am not here to preach to you. I don’t have enough theology for that and never will, but I do want to share with you what it means to be a Christ-follower.
I’m not perfect. I will completely disappoint you at times if I haven’t already. Following Jesus is a life that doesn’t rely on an imperfect world, but relies on a perfect God. A life built on chasing Jesus is hard work, but I invite you along anyway. I am here to be completely honest with you as I will show you my raw thoughts, feelings, successes, failures, confusion, experiences, etc. in the style of a blog.
If you are curious about this journey, despite if you are a Christian or not, stick with me and we’ll figure out how to live through faith & grace. For more context, check out my mission statement.
“Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
If in case you made it this far, here are some fun things you might want to know about my life…I am first, one of God’s crazy kids, but this is also who I am:
- a mechanical engineering student at the University of Washington
- that 21-year old that thinks alcohol is gross
- the kind to skip leg day because every day is arm day
- one who is completely stressed out when cooking or baking
- addicted to black coffee
- the person that just wants to appreciate who God has made you to be
- unable to get enough sleep no matter the season
- 1w2, for all you enneagram lovers
- ESTJ, for all you Myers-Briggs lovers
- always excited to go on a hike
- an absolutely horrendous dancer by all means
- one to eat just protein for a meal
- someone who enjoys going out and taking pictures
- impatient, not the most humble, easily distracted…but incredibly thankful for the grace of God
Welcome to my life. Welcome to my story. Enjoy my blog and while you’re at it, know that you’re loved. You’re made with a purpose. There is so much more to this imperfect world, my friend. You know this. You are so dang loved.
“37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”